In the center of the screen is the main area.
Most importantly, the list of items that have been requested by your customer.
On the very left are the filter options, that we will discuss in another video. Let’s hide them by clicking this little arrow. Each item must have a item ID and the Company Code to make sure it is uniquely identified. If you can not read any of the fields, you can adjust the columns size with your mouse. If that doesn’t work, make sure your browsers zoom factor is at 100%. With the arrow to the left, you can open the history of the item, to see what has happened so far. This item has currently just been created and requested. Close the history with another click on the arrow.
Additionally, we can see the Request date and the number of days left to work on the item, responsible coworker, Product family, Customer ID, which is usually the customers ERP ID, the Name of the item and possibly a comment.
Next to that we have the different quality filters. These automated checks will qualify if the necessary data quality is reached (green), partially reached (yellow) or not reached (red). The customer can request multiple features through these checks. The total quality will always be equal to the worst of the optional checks. These checks could be:
- Data quality, meaning the attributes connected to the tool class of that item type
- Photos, PDFs and other attachable graphics.
- STP and DXF files. These are not only checked for existence, but also if they are according to the rules defined in ISO13399
- We can also check if the item can be generated by CIMSOURCE from the attributes given. This is not only a great option if the manufacturer can not provide a 3D model, but also a great indicator for being able to provide the most important attributes for any CAM system.
On the very right you can:
- look at the data record on the house-button
- See the exact requirements on the sheet-button or
- Reload or reconnect the item to an item in the TooLink data base or to the ToolsUnited and SalesSupport Server data bases.
And last but not least, we can perform different actions with this item by clicking the three-dots button.